June 29 – July 4, 2019
Become a 2019 Sponsor
Welcome 2019 Sponsors
Thank you to our 2018 Sponsors
Schedule of Events
Saturday, June 29
Exploring the Park: Colossal Cave Mountain Park 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.Ranch Petting Zoo, CCC Museum open, wagon rides $5.00 all of 6/29 & 6/30
Special Samplings: Rincon Valley Farmers Market 8:00 a.m. –12:00 noonPetting Zoo & Pony RidesRockin’ Star Stables Petting Zoo at the Farmers & Artisans Market!Extra fun for kids with special prices on the Petting Zoo and Pony Rides
2nd Annual Corvette and Door Slammers Car Club Shows: Hacienda del Lago 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Food & drink specials and music inside
Sunday, June 30
Wine-tasting & Vine Blessing: Charron Vineyards2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Traditional blessing of the vines, live music by Janice Deardorf
Monday, July 1
- Dar Skies Star-gazing: Christ Lutheran Vail Church 8:00-10:00 p.m.
Wednesday, July 3
- The World’s Only Prickly Pear Block Party & Fireworks Show: Hacienda del Lago
Block Party 5:00-9:00 p.m.
Fireworks 8:30-9:00 p.m.
- FREE PARKING at Cienega H.S. & Ocotillo Ridge: FREE shuttle busses to & from Block Party, starting at 4:30 p.m
- Kids Fun Zone: Jumping Castles, Water Slides, Climbing Wall Fee: $5.00 per child,
$10.00 per family. Free to Military, past & present, courtesy of Lytle Electric, LLC
- Vendor Booths
- Great Food from Hacienda del Lago & our Food Trucks!
Thursday, July 4
- Birding Walk: Colossal Cave Mountain Park 7:30 – 9:00 a.m.
- A Colossal Fourth PARADE with SPLASH ZONE 8:00-10:00 a.m. Between Christ Lutheran Vail and del Lago Golf Club
**Splash Zone is on the north side of the Parade route, be ready to get WET!
Saturday, July 6
- Patriotic Celebration: American Legion Post #109 Noon – 5:00 p.m. FREE burgers, hot dogs, jumping castle, water slide 7:99 p.m. Music and Dancing!
- Charron Vineyards 10% off bottles 6/29-6/30
Colossal Cave Mountain Park
10% off in gift shop w/$20. Purchase, 6/28-7/4, mention this offer
Ha:san Bak Saguaro Harvest Festival, 6/29, 5:00 a.m. till the syrup is made:
wonderful cultural opportunity! $60. Per person, $100. For 2: reservations
required: (520) 647-7275
Montgomery’s Saloon & Grill: Try a Prickly Pear Margarita!
If you aren’t watching the parade, you must be in it!
- Bring your family and friends to the A Colossal Fourth Parade! Watching – come decked out in your patriotic best. Parade entries think patriotic & prickly pear cactus! Vail is the prickly pear capitol of the world! Get creative – show your patriotism
and Vail prickly pear pride! • Entry Form (click here) – Enter your family, a group of neighbors, your club or business
- Watch the parade – Park along the Parade Route before 7:45AM.
- Keep all parking and seating off the pavement! This is a Pima County requirement to keep the parade safe.
- NO throwing of objects or entering into the parade route by parade watchers.
- 8:00AM SHARP, the Pima County Sheriff Department will close Colossal Cave Road to vehicular traffic and the parade begins. The Parade will end after the last entry – but no later than 11:00 AM.
- Parade Route begins at Christ Lutheran Vail Church parking lot at 14600 E. Colossal Cave Road. Parade volunteers will line up entries.
Parade Route ends at the Hacienda del Lago, parking lot at 14155 E. Via del Lago. The parade route is approximately .6 mile in length.
The Parade SPLASH ZONE will be clearly marked. If you are in the SPASH ZONE you will get wet! • Protect your valuable electronics. • Bring a towel. You might even want to wear a swimsuit, a hat and sunscreen. FREE to watch!
Wednesday, July 3rd
Patriotic Prickly Pear Block Party will be held at Hacienda del Lago Golf Course a planning partner of A Colossal Fourth. Bring a blanket to sit on, no chairs please as they damage the green.
Live music, great food, jumping castle, slip n’ slide, booths, Carnival games and so much more. Hacienda del Lago, 14155 E. Via del Lago, Vail Event Parking $5.
|5:00 PM||Exhibitor Booths Open|
Christ Lutheran Vail & Lytle Electric Fun Zone
|Great Food Music|
|8:30 – 9:00 p.m.||Fireworks – This may very depending upon weather|
Parade Entry Form
Booth Vendor Application
WelcomeVail Preservation Society's: A COLOSSAL FOURTH
A Colossal Fourth’s four+ days of fun will showcase Vail’s special places and highlight local businesses like Rita Ranch Automotive & Tire, Vail Station merchants, Colossal Cave Mountain Park and Charron Vineyards. It will strengthen community identity and sense of place. The steering committee, made up of partners representing Vail’s business, faith and non-profit sectors are working tirelessly to ensure great experiences for you. With so many great things to do over the long weekend we encourage everyone who lives in the greater Vail and Corona de Tucson area to consider this a “Vail-cation”. Connect to community – stay local, experience local and buy local!
From Saturday, June 29th through Wednesday, July 4th A Colossal Fourth events will unfold from the Rincon Valley Farmers Market and Colossal Cave Mountain Park, south along Colossal Cave Road to Charron Vineyards in the beautiful Empire Mountains. Events include Taste of the Market, DoorSlammers and Corvette Club Car Show, star gazing, petting zoo, Vine Blessing & Wine Tasting, Prickly Pear Margarita’s, Prickly Pear Festival Block Party with expanded Kid Zone, Fireworks, and great food that will end with the Parade on July 4th.
A Colossal Fourth is a celebration of community and country along Vail’s Main Street corridor. It is made possible by Vail Preservation Society, Christ Lutheran Vail, and Rita Ranch Automotive & Tire. We invite you to join these great sponsors!
We appreciate our Stars & Stripes ($5,000.) Sponsor – Rita Ranch Automotive & Tire |Christ Lutheran Vail | Vail Preservation Society
Be a part of A Colossal Fourth. Get creative and register an entry in the July 4th Parade! Need more info- or to register online go to www.acolossalfourth.org or email email@example.com for more information.
What is Vail Connects? Vail Connects is an Arizona Main Street program certified by Arizona’s State Historic Preservation Office. Does Vail have a Main Street? You bet-it is Colossal Cave Road. Originally called Vail Road until 2006, it was built in 1898 by the Helvetia Mining Company from the town of Helvetia in the Santa Rita Mountains to Vail Siding. Its purpose was to transport copper ore to the nearest rail head for shipment to Globe, Arizona for processing. Main Street is a program of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Over the past 35 years the Main Street program has a proven track record of building stronger communities and economic opportunity. It works. Locally, Vail Connects programs maintain and establish local traditions that build a sense of place that embraces a creative, forward thinking future for Vail while honoring our heritage.
Be a part of A Colossal Fourth. Get creative and register an entry in the July 4th Parade!
Check out the Schedule of Events and A Colossal Fourth Partners